An insurance broker or intermediary can help you better understand your coverage needs and buy a policy that matches them.
With all of these options available, it can seem overwhelming to choose a policy that is right for you and your family.
When coverage is available through an employer, it can be a great way to access an often-enhanced set of benefits at a reduced cost. However, not all employers offer health insurance as a perk.
There are some important factors to bear in mind when choosing a policy. These include:
- whether to collect all members the family onto one plan or have each member on a separate plan
- your current doctor being in the network for a particular insurer
- making sure the options you choose in the policy are right for your health needs
- the size of your deductible and whether you would prefer to pay more as a regular premium or more when treatment is necessary
- the amount of time spent outside the country – if you travel for many months of the year, you may benefit from a policy that covers more than just your country of residence
You may wish to get an insurance policy through a broker or intermediary. While their services may cost a little extra on top of your premium, they can provide a clearer breakdown of the available options and how they will impact you and your family and make sure you get the fairest deal.